Wednesday, August 01, 2007

7 Minutes To Write

Then it's midnight.

So today I got rather stressed, well, not the rather, but stressed, about all the prep I have to do for camping this weekend and all the obstacles in the way. To relieve this, I have friends, who will help me, by getting me to stay up late and watch Hot Fuzz (and give me a meal itinerary and loan me camping supplies). And hmmm, five minutes to talk as fast as I can when I haven't blogged in ages and all you're going to get is rubbish. How about this. Jason, thanks for the use of your ipod, I finally used it today, driving home, because I finally got a cord to hook it into my car. I had hoped the cord would also allow me to listen to it at work this week while Kyle is gone but no such luck the aux input on the stereo is stupid. The drive home was great, just on shuffle and hearing songs I haven't in a very long time and couldn't predict. PAX 217 was my favourite surprise, the Ipod's favourite was Guardian since they played them twice.
I read Psalm 119 last night. Well actually I didn't finish. I didn't intend to ready very much at all but it kept me going with all its goodness. I read it in the amplified version at work and it wasn't the same - so much tediousness with all the extra details that it lost all the flow and heart, but there were some very interesting things that I noted of significance. "Observe" as in 'observe the law' means so much more, and even "the law" in some situations in the text is meant to be taken as the entire will of God that has been revealed. Which is very personal right now because I have quite a long list of things I know God's revealed to me, and that is almost worth celebrating considering just a very short while ago I stopped eating for a little bit wanting very much to hear him speak. I must be hearing him speak at least a little bit more if I'm picking up on his will. And the grandish part is that it would be a terrible way to measure it anyway because so much more is for other people.
12:02 I'm already late by two minutes.
God bless.
Oh and I've loved - and I mean LOVED reading this last little while too. I've started two (and finished one) books that have both been so much fun reading. Not only are they 'grave' (the french word for gravity that means deep/serious-without the not-fun connotation - because they're definitely fun) but they're so cleverly written. It makes me remember what I enjoy about creative writing. So if you have the chance I recommend It's All Downhill From Here (or something like that) by Andrew Schwab - the vocalist of Project 86, and some new novel by Randy Alcorn, who still includes his little snippits of heaven, but at least so far they've been short and infrequent. Why don't I like them? Well I suppose they convey truths or whatever about it but they're so TERRIBLY dry like cardboard. God has such a flat personality as do everyone else - ugh! Anyway, I'm impressed that the main character is an alcoholic, and I'm impressed with all the infectious writing tone - it makes me wonder how he disconnects. Whatever, I'm writing for myself right now since you won't have a clue what I'm talking about and I'm not explaining it well. 12:08 AM goodnight

No comments: