Saturday, October 08, 2011

Blood Pressure

Saturday October 8
This is supposed to be the month that I finish prepping for doing siding next month. Today Ryan came over to help me prep for parging. He offered to help me unsolicited. Help itself is no small miracle but without even asking? Is Ryan Jesus?
Well, no. But he tries, and that's a good thing.
It went mostly well until after he left. Then I went to fasten the bottom of the lathe for the parging. Would you believe that the wall anchors I got for this - not the good, the better, or the best, but the BESTEST or whatever they called it line - don't work in foam? Very depressing. Sherry wanted to cheer me up so she asked if she could help out with something while I'm at work during the week, like putting baffles in the attic. Well sure, why not? Using a hammer tacker isn't difficult and doesn't require a journeyman ticket, it's just dirty in all that insulation. How fantastic will this be! More getting done! She wanted to start right away so we got her into the attic and passed her up some materials and oh, the attic is like this? You have to belly-crawl to the edge? Did you know I'm mildly claustrophobic? Well no, I didn't know that, but stop feeling bad Sherry. I love you for always, and I'll do it some day, and be extra glad that I got to do it instead of you.
How to fasten the lathe, how to fasten the lathe?
I could try different wall anchors but there's no guarantee they would work and opening boxes of them means I can't return them and it could get expensive and annoying very quickly. The stupid part is that I have different kinds at work that I could easily trade (they'd get the BESTEST ones, good deal for them) but I'm not back at work until Tuesday. Agh.
So I tried to think of other creative ways, but they all seemed ridiculous, convoluted, difficult and time-consuming. I tried looking online and for fastening foam signs, epoxy is recommended. Drill a hole, fill it with epoxy and then embed a fastener into that. Hmm well OK, but where am I going to get epoxy for foam and how much is that going to set me back? Wait a minute, why couldn't I just use my glue that I have for foam. It accomplishes the same thing. Something very hard once it cures to screw into. I need to go to bed.
I think I came on here to post about my mood swings of late. Super excited about my birthday party. Depressed the next day. Much cheered in the evening, into the next morning. Stressed again at night. Last night I was stressing again, but stopped to pray and felt much better, until this afternoon when it all got very complicated again.

No comments: