Monday, June 27, 2011

A Mostly Private Prayer Wall

Dear Jesus,
It's 10:00 PM but it might as well be 1 AM. I'm tired. My brain hasn't stopped working yet though. Epic had a leadership meeting yesterday night but I wasn't there. I did get emailed about it, however being a newborn father, it just didn't seem very important. But maybe it was, because now I'm sitting here writing instead of being in bed, waiting to change a diaper.
I asked Jason and Megan about it while they were BBQing their supper and it led only to more questions. It always goes that way.

Can I tell you about one of the questions? Jason asked, why Converge (as opposed to just house churches)? Megan had several reasons I've heard before but the one I thought was interesting (given that she doesn't even have children to make this sort of thing a duty) is that she wants children to learn and grow in their faith and do house churches focus on that?
Now perhaps that wasn't very important to Jason because he went to a large church where he may have felt lost in the crowd. For me, Megan's right. Church was a rich time for me growing up. Kids are very curious and idealistic and we had lots of questions to figure out together. We had really good teachers that stuck with us for a whole year or a few.
Thanks for those teachers and those kids and for feeding me so I could grow like my daughter is doing.

I'm still very curious and idealistic, and I want to know what our church should do.

Someone once prayed for me and told me that they saw a picture of a ship setting sail on an exploration voyage.
I once announced to a church a picture from a song that I couldn't shake while praying, about a ship lost at sea, not in crisis, but just floating.
That ship is still at least me.




No comments: