Monday, June 27, 2011

I Used To Have Journals To Write This Down

I got more phone calls today than I usually get in two weeks.
Can I borrow your truck?
Tell Sherry there's a talent show from 9-10.
We're getting pizza, do you want any?
Can you bring me back my pressure washer?
Can I talk to Sherry about planning her a baby shower?
I wanted to let you know that we had a scare on the drive home. My heart started racing a couple of times. We almost went to the hospital but didn't. It gradually slowed down a little every half hour. My doctor left me a message to see him anyway so maybe my meds will get adjusted then. Don't worry her about it.

Then I read Faye's lament.

Things of sadness.
Little girl, there is a spider hanging from a thread outside. Grass and weeds grow in my yard despite being buried in mulch or construction debris or excavation mess. Your mother and I look at each other with deep love. I have dreams, and they're probably the wrong ones, and I'm not very good at completing them or paying for them, but I will tell you that eating ants is fun, and that even though there are people in this world who murder babies or worse, it is still a beautiful place, a place worth living in.

No comments: