Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Feel The Rain On Your Skin

So RJ comes back tonight. Then tomorrow I can sing,

Late last night when I should have been in bed,
Some one came to Calgary with no home, not a shed,
until September comes and then he'll have to fend,
for sorting through his own stuff
in the garage,
all right,
FIRE FIRE FIRE

So it was back to work for me today. I worked 7-6:30 by myself. It wasn't bad at all. I didn't even get wet. I must also give props to 88.9 for being the least repetitive commercial station in Calgary. I'm sure they'd seem almost as terrible if you listened to them every day, but as far as work day repetition, they are the easy winners. Of course they also win most annoying DJ voices and/or personalities... and other than an old Cadet song, none of the music got me too excited. I was pretty excited about that Cadet song though. Let me tell you, as I recall it was the only song on the CD my brother owned that I liked. But anyway, I was singing loud and proud and came up with some alternative vocal lines and I didn't even shame myself.

So yeah, working an 11 hour work day isn't terribly fun, especially when your leg gets sore for the last few hours. However when you've just repeated another $1000 goof-up, you're happy to be working. I don't know why my goof-ups are $1000 but they seem to be. Stupidly injuring myself and losing $1000 gross pay. Stupidly buying cars at auctions. Stupidly losing cameras & missing a flight in Europe. Oh well things seem to be looking up. My most recent stupid, which I still think isn't all my fault, only cost a hundred dollars. It was a long annoying battle with HSBC, but at least my credit rating is still mint.

Guess what happened on Monday night?
My parents gave me their blessing! This is a big deal. Way back in the spring I'd asked my Dad to bless me before I moved out in the summer. I never mentioned it again, except to God a few times. He did not forget and so he and my Mom prayed for me. It was pretty cool.

Guess what happened on Tuesday?
I got to drive a 26' U-Haul van! It was pretty fun pretending to be a bus driver for the day. It was so weird going back to my Neon. It's been a day and a half now and I can't shake the priviledged feeling I get driving it. It feels like I'm driving a Buick now, even though I also got to drive Pam's Civic Tuesday morning.

My leg is looking good. No more bandages, now I just keep it soaked in Lotion or Polysporin.

Shay is not only fun to pray with. He's also fun to move with. We took Ang's advice and had some fun with the move and joked around tossing and throwing RJ's belongings. Shay got way too into it though. After we split up he got so excited throwing RJ's dishwasher that he went into the dumpster after it.

1 comment:

Cyler Parent said...

Took me a while to get used to riding in a 5-ton then going to driving my tempo. Heck, just being a passenger at first was weird!