Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bang Bang

So I was planning on working with Ian for a week while Kyle & Jay were in BC but I only lasted a day and a half. After making some mistakes like building walls 1"1/2 too short, and cutting through saw cords, I wanted to firmly establish how I felt by putting 3 inches of nail in my knee. I know I know, that doesn't directly convey my intention of imparting the favour of God to his crew, but that's what I had to do. So I got to enjoy an ambulance ride, and try out laughing gas and morphine. And be amused by the EMS guys needing 5 tries to get an IV in me because my veins disappear with my incredibly good circulation and slow heart rate. And I got to go hang out at the Foothills where I just got to hang out with RJ a couple times in as many weeks. I knew he was missing it and needed an excuse to come back. And I got to enjoy some 8/10 pain while they jabbed me with freezing needles, all the while being very thankful that the freezing would prevent worse pain, right? And I got to enjoy discovering what 10/10 feels like when they barely touched the head. And I got to finally see what it looked like to have a nail head, and way on the other side of my knee, half an inch sticking out. I got to nay say how lucky I was that the nail didn't shatter my knee cap on impact but instead bounced - didn't I already mention my favour with God?
And I got to walk out of the hospital with full mobility of my leg looking very stylish with my slit jeans and fishnet dresssing. Yes sir morphine is wonderous stuff until it runs out later on and you go back into shock and delirium based on intense pain and the drugs in your system. But until then it was jokes, and friends, and dinner, and my family came over for A White Christmas.
The last couple days have been incredible.
RJ has taken great care of me. I got a bunch of errands finished. I've got to hang out with friends. RJ and I had a good talk and prayer on Thursday night that was worth getting shot for all on its own.
Yesterday Ian came over with wine and I put together a scrumptious meal of Tuna Turn-Overs with the help of friends. Then there was round four of my first prayer deliverance session. God came through again, this time with a shockingly large item to deal with. I love Jesus talking to me and explaining himself. I love how he looks after me. I love how he starts things and takes 2 and a half years to work on them until they're ready for the next phase. I love his infinite wisdom and understanding in how to give us abundant life.
RJ and Andy and I got to stay up and have a fabulously constructive discussion about church. God showed us all practical and personal things I believe.
Today I'm taking good care of my knee with ice and elevation and exercize. Later I shall go hang out with family and then friends at Jono's party.
Merry Christmas.

No comments: