Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Rare Condition

I've wanted to say this for a few weeks now, and now I wonder as to what it means.
I think that I'm satisfied in life right now.  It's hard to say that when there are so many loose ends and more unresolved issues than I'm probably even aware of.  There are of course many uncertainties about even the near future and its arrangements.  People continue to ask me questions and bring up topics that remind me of what a fragile thing security is.  
Yet I dare say that I enjoy my life.  In contrast to so many other periods, I'm not fighting with confusion.  I'm not 'doing my time' waiting for, well for life to begin.  I'm already alive, and still believe the words that life is not a tragedy.  And I, I am not a tragedy; not the sum of a variety of failures, incompletes, lates, inabilities, absences, indiscretions, and disappointments.  No.  I am loved by God.  And he's contagious.  It starts sticking, and shifting, and spinning out.  
So pick 3 things Nolan...
Pick 3 things that you like about yourself - the evidence - with 3 instances.

And I don't want to.  

God reminded me of something he said, which I didn't want to use because it doesn't seem very glamourous - it's not very servantish, rather self-concerned really.  But all that aside,
I am a lover of music.
People frequently comment (Ryan did on Thursday and Friday) that I am always grooving/moving to the music (whether it's there externally or not).  It's true.  Very Calvin & Hobbesish but I love it, and it gets inside me.  

Pursuant/Resolutionizer (leads you to think of it clearer than Resolver)
I don't leave things to themselves.  I'll go after them; confront them.  
[Actually I'm fading - too much writing & thinking - I'm just staring now - I've lost my train of thought and motivation - ironic huh?]



2 comments:

Sherry said...

Inquirer- you make inquiries of this life and the things you see around you whether it be someone's life, the Bible as you read it, random information you've heard from someone...you ask questions and you wonder about things and it causes others to think about things too. I like that about you because you catalyze a lot of thinking and I learn more about things (and you) ANd it keeps life more interesting.

I love so many things about you!!

Sherry said...

How many more times could I have used the word "things" and been more vague?