Saturday, November 11, 2006

Not Too Much To Say

Hmm, I don't feel a great need to tell you about anything, but just so you can still say, "I know how Nolan's doing," I will.

I've been cleansing since Monday. I'm almost doing the Wild Rose program (basically no sugar, flour, dairy, or yeasts). I've been cheating by using up my yogurt, having 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day instead of one, and not picking out the trace amounts of peanuts and raisens in my stock of nut mix conglomerate. The sugar withdrawl didn't hit me until the 3rd day. It's been pretty fun on the whole. I've wanted to eat healthier for a long time, and this is pretty healthy... Today I ate a lot of green tea leaves. No they don't tell you to! I just did. No I won't be doing this system forever. I think I'll do it for two weeks, and this second week I should be good to go to stop cheating. Except for the fruit servings thing. But you have to be careful about dangerous sugar lows when you're in construction I presume. Besides, it's apples for me (along with berries in my red river porridge) which barely have any sugar at all.
After that I hope to actually complete the Maker's Diet plan. Mid December should bring some good-natured health laxing, but the habits I'm forming now will be hard to break.

Here in the house we've been having story time on Monday nights (recently with fires in our fireplace courtesy of scraps from my work - yes!). Each resident has been sharing tales of growing up and becoming who they are today. There has even been songs and photos passed about by some. I still have a few weeks before my turn, and have been reading through old journals to refresh my memory of my experiences. It has been a wonderful thing to do. God has been busy. I would like to ask other people about their memories or perspectives of me, especially my family. Of course I'd also like to draw a huge timeline and cover it with little events. I'd like to re-make the mix albums I created for the Wegenasts together with the written blurbs about their significance to me. I'd like to produce a photographic slideshow presentation and pass around my first bottle of calogne. Maybe I'll throw on a song and break out a dance routine. Or else I could just wing it and talk and talk and talk just like the little boy who couldn't stop.

OK I'm supremely tired (although yesterday I got 7 1/2 hours of sleep for the first time in weeks) and so that will have to satisfy you for now. Otherwise you'll have to call me and ask me to do something only to be met with a very confused unsure Nolan who vaguely recalls the things he's already supposed to be doing but knows he's forgetting most of them.

No comments: