Friday, November 24, 2006

Delayed Premium Repose

So yesterday evening, Andy, Andrea, Stuart, RJ, and I went out for a movie after I got home from dance class. Initially I said no and wasn't very happy because I'd left my cell phone at work and therefore couldn't contact Kyle or Jay in the morning and would necessarily be waking up extra early to drive to Jay's house in the morning before he left. But then I went to my room and decided it was all bleak anyway, why wouldn't I go to a late movie?

Stranger Than Fiction was a fantastic movie. Perhaps I was swayed by my mood and circumstances, but I thought it was masterfully crafted. I don't like Will Ferrell, and I don't like recycled movie material and I had seen a preview for this film months previously and dismissed it, barely registering its existence. However many of my friends had been telling me about this movie that was so grandish, so off I went.
I clapped at the end. Cheers for quality movies.

When I arrived home, I didn't go to bed. Instead I sat down and journalled. It began by writing out a couple of scripture passages. From there I flipped through several other passages and remembered why I had previously wanted to read through the entire new testament every couple months. It was incredible. It brought me to tears as Jesus totally rearranged my heart and thoughts and will.
I did wake up early and work did go nicely. Kyle gave me a pair of gloves that worked out better. I was still frozen, especially my feet but Jesus had changed something. And I believe he's not done yet.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Nolan... I loved "Stranger than Fiction." My dad and I went to see it together. So good...

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT THAT MOVIE WAS GREAT. I had a fabulous time contemplating while watching it.

plus that flours thing... very romantic!

I miss Nolan

Nolan said...

OHHHH. I totally thought they were planted flowers that hadn't grown yet. I didn't catch that at all...

I should call you again once our phone line is up and running.

amy viviano said...

hahaha i thought they were bags of seed and dirt! i just asked becky and she said of course it was flour! the girl even said something about whole wheat... at least im not the only stupid one... or most probly becky and sindy are just genious.

Anonymous said...

Genious I is! I thought it was so cute I sighed and spoke out loud in the theatre. Slightly embarassing. Lol.

Yes you should call me and we can book a time to see each other when I am home for Christmas.

LUV YOU!