Sunday, November 19, 2006

Praise Him!

God is good and kind and smart and hard at work in our world. He is wonderful and mightiest and he loves us. That makes me glad and alive, and glad to be alive.

So I've been having a peachy weekend. If you haven't helped your Mom can peaches you really should, it will give you good appreciation for peachy as an adjective. MMMmmm peaches.

Anyway, I was invited to participate with another church that meets at Gerry's (ex Husky-house downtown) every night. Our house is hosting them this weekend for some Deliverance Prayer/Training. I had felt incredibly drained by Friday but I wasn't sure if that was an evil strategic deterrant and prayed about it and talked to Dave (who's leading the church). So I came over to Gerry's to hang out Friday night after a splendid evening with my parents. God had some timeliness going on and showed me not only that I should definitely be involved but a specific task he had for me in it.
Saturday started with some early morning garage cleaning (it's not finished but it's sure looking better). Then some quick prep work for guests, and then the fun began. It was fun too. Lots of fun people who are up for a good laugh even while battling demons.
Anyway God quickly put to rest my concerns about schedule conflicts and re-ordered my priorities and so the day was very long and full and good. YES! YES YES YES. GOOD. It was a God day!
Learning, training, listening, practicing, freeing, authority-exercizing, worshipping, praying, laughing, sharing, serving, praising, encouraging, building, enduring.
God is good, all the time! Jesus is my best friend!

Got to wake up 5 hours later for a jaunt to the airport and then RJ cruised around looking for an open bakery at 6:30 AM to no avail so we settled for Tim Horton's but I was in way too good a mood to let anything impede my joy and thanksgiving, and celebration. RJ is a good friend.
Remember sometimes you have to ask in faith, and other times you have to receive in faith.

Went back home and went to bed for another 4 hours to awake and continue in celebration, and then begin again with compassion and sharing burdens and going to Jesus.

So very soon I must shower, then welcome back our guests and spend some more time with my Creator and Saviour and Inspirer, and Life-Giver.

So rather than sharing somethings God has been speaking, perhaps I will not delay and I will share them in person when I see you. Besides they're not complete and I will be seeking God about them. No no no, I'm not considering moving to Alaska, don't worry.

Happy Birthday to Chasey tonight! No more Lord of the Rings releases for him to delay his birthday until so we're going to Treasures of China, but he's still being good and traditional and late. Oct 6 to Nov 19, sure it's not as big a gap as usual but still. Cheers Chasey!
I suspect I have a different sort of present for him today, or at least God does...

God bless you.

No comments: