Tuesday, June 26, 2007

AM

Dear Jesus, I woke up earlier today for morning prayer and then got busy with a bunch of errands but I've still got 20 minutes! So I wanted to pray about some of the things you've been up to.
I praise you for last Wednesday night. You were nothing short of incredible and I ate it up! The challenge though was why not more often?
Why do I stay in the first stages of what you revealed?
Why is it that most of the time you're showing me things and speaking, but I miss them? even though I'm conscious of you all the time...
I'm not sure this is the answer, but talking with Jamie yesterday morning was helpful. To try out a simple version of what he shared, and list what is important to me and schedule it in.
It was good to stop, and change the list of what was important into what you've specifically called me to so far.
From that list it was easy to see that most of them get covered quite naturally, but two will be hard and require discipline and work to implement. So God I pray for those two because I suspect they are key to perceiving and understanding what you are doing and saying.
Please Jesus please...
Help me to make solitary time with you in the morning. Help me to be fair and start gradually. Help me to be wise and get enough sleep to be alert. Help me to be disciplined and always persevere.
Help me to make time to write music. Thank you so much for the inspiration that springs up so often, but it's difficult to capture it. And I still don't know what to do about that. I guess I can only try.
Thanks again for pretty skies, and family, and celebrations, and Mexican traditions of slamming faces into cakes while they blow out candles, green growth, herbal gifts, phone calls, work, rest, peaceful drives, music in the car, Melanie across the Ocean, and summer time. I love you lots. You always make me smile too and I notice it now. Super big grins that can't easily be wiped off, several times a day, and I feel you stirring inside me. I like it a lot. It delights me.

1 comment:

laureneh said...

Shoot - I heard about the cake in the face blessing, but I forget who that was... who was that?
Good to see you've still been writing in your blog while I haven't! It's been a while, hope you're doing well.