Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ten Days - Part One - Fog-Filled Magic & Church

We begun late. I'd been up until 5:15 AM the night before working on my taxes - which I didn't finish. I awoke late - 8:30 AM - and ate cereal with Connor & Andy. Andy had a song for me and had already been praying for me. I loaded up the car and went to pick up Jason [note, I was informed that I left a trail of pistachio shells from my backpack through the house - like hansel and gretle, to find their way home - also note, those were leftover stache from my Christmas stocking forgotten in my backpack]. We prayed with Rod (Jason's boss) and headed out along the scenic route. The round about Cochrane, Priddis, towards Crow's Nest Pass. I drove from 12 - 1:30 and then Jason took over in Priddis. I rested a little bit until Scott (Jason's older brother) phoned and we prayed for him. We stopped at Frank's Slide for gas and the door panel was off. How annoying, and funny. I drove again at 5:30. We stopped at a Superstore for some food for supper, except by then we didn't care and ate at Burger King anyway. It meant we polished off a bag of grapes at the border. The truck in front of us got a rigorous search, but we just had our trunk glanced inside. I drove to Spokane by 10:30 PM and then Jason drove until midnight - we got to Yakk. It was foggy and mystical outside in what we guessed were foothills. I remember the car jerking while resting just after we switched drivers. I smiled and thought of Jesus in the boat and just prayed. Jason said there was some crazy cross-winds later. I woke up and was awake with Jason for most of that drive and it was special. It was like I woke up totally different - in a different world, crossed over in the time between times (Celtic folklore).
God was now foremost.
We slept in the car at a rest stop which wasn't bad. Then we wandered around a bit before heading off, for church. We stopped in Mossy Rock at 10:45 to join the Assembly of God. It was fantastic!!! Small town church and the people were WARM. They wandered around socializing, greeting us kindly. They gave us advice and directions for Mt. St. Helen's when we told them we were going to hike it. They had a big worship team. My favourite part was a very old man (think happy Monster House) who danced a jig in the aisle and then danced up a storm in front of the drummer - encouraging him to play his heart out!
The turn-and-greet-someone time didn't mean turn at all. It meant wander all over the church very genuinely appreciating and loving people. Long period of singing then a sermon on missions and their commitments. Could have been bad like so many other Give sermons but wasn't. It was beautiful and powerful and Truth! Interactive. There was prayer and prophecy going on in the middle of the service - very natural and organized. Yay! "Come on now!" was repeated by someone up at the front which Jason adopted to my delight.
So off we went again. Oh yeah, on our way there we drove to the top of a mountain with a ski resort using the highway as a parking lot. Crazy.

[post break]

No comments: