Saturday, March 03, 2007

Adventure's Eve

Hey! Tomorrow I leave for California! Or today even since it is now 5 past the hour. Yes I'm still procrastinating! I finished a big chunk of my income taxes though. Yes there are still hours ahead and then in the morning I get to wake up and have breakfast with Andy, pack, and take off with Jason. I'm very excited about the trip. It's highly unorganized. No defined route, or resting spots. We're not even officially registered (I was assured it didn't matter and we could register at the door). God said to go, and then he showed me several passages in Genesis (all the classic covenant building events with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob). He tells them to go. Then they go and at night God talks to them. What does this tell me? God likes road-trips, and talking at night. So bring it on, because I'm a fan of both too! I just got the photos from my road trip last April visiting Sindy. She took some stellar pics. I would share them with you but I'm just not that technological. So maybe you should hang out with me instead... Like cool people who called me up and made me come out for Vietnamese tonight (yes, more procrastination), or Shay who decided to come over even though I was doing income taxes, although I sent him off to hang out with people having fun, but not before socializing over freshly baked cookies - Sherry's doing - they were fantastic and lucky me, I'm being sent off with a traveling supply.

But I'm tired. So I'm going to stop procrastinating and wish you all well for the next week and a bit. If you're fortunate I will come by a computer with free-internet access, and update you all. Otherwise, don't wait for phone calls because I don't have a long-distance calling card, and we all know how cheap I am, and my parents for sure know how bad I am at calling to let you know I'm OK - except I did call them overseas, just because I love them though.

When I am afraid I will trust in you, I will trust in you, I will trust in you.

Children's songs are the best. And I keep singing this as a prayer (I sang Kelly Clarkson songs to pray for Jenn in Brazil) for other people. Maybe it's because I sang songs like this when I was a child, or maybe I'm blessed because my grandparents are super cool and pray for me all the time, but I'm not afraid. I relate better with the psalmist who says, The Lord is my refuge, whom shall I fear? But it's not about me. It's about the whole body. The whole body doesn't react to fear. Maybe you feel it in your stomach, or throat, or mind, and maybe I'm none of those things. Maybe I'm the feet and I'm going to make you stand when you want to fall. Or maybe I'm the elbow (I'll never know, I never got the haiku). Either way, how can I go to other people to fight their fears, when the same lives in my house. And I have so much compassion for it. Prayer for that is probably the most precious part of filling in for the neighbour once in a while and brushing off snow.

1 comment:

Nolan said...

Mental Meltdown: 3:12 AM

I need a photocopy of my license/registration

I need to print off all of my summaries

I need to wake up in less than 4 hours.