Saturday, May 19, 2007

Musical Lures, 'Hobbies', and a Kit Kat moment

http://www.tweakheadz.com

The itch, oh the itch.

Last week Nicoletta asked me what I do when I'm not working. I thought about it, and I say, "yes." People call me up or I run into them, and they ask me questions. The answer is always yes. Can you help me with? Want to go here? Those sorts of questions. And I know a lot of people. Hence I am never without a supply of questions that I can say yes to. The outcome is a relatively unscheduled life that is always busy. So basically, work, then chores/responsibilities, then yes dictate my time. Actually chores/responsibilities often falls after yes. I don't know if a lot of people's lives look like this or not. But mine has been this way a long time, and I don't know if I could change it.

Today I got to Wicked Gravity to buy climbing shoes and there was an out to lunch be back at 1:30 note. How refreshing to see such a note! Those kinds of things can still happen in Bowness. So what should I do with my unexpected 30 minutes? I will go for a walk in the direction of that hill over there and talk to God about my Monday Doom & Gloom discussion. So I prayed and asked him to bring to mind the things that have bothered me about the house in the last year. I really enjoyed the walk, the greenness, the houses I passed, the peace, God speaking. It was a nice 30 minute break. So close shop today and make someone's day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I know this "yes". It dictates my life a lot too. But I think less than yours.

I've had to stop the "yes" lately. Needed to slow down and rest and hang out with God a little more...