Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fleur Pour Mercredi (read: No Andy, I don't have tongues yet, just pictures)

Today I woke up and got into my car, and spent a long time inside it. Yes, I always wondered what it would be like to be a professional courier, and today my curiousity was satiated. Actually I'm not sure I really wondered too much about that, but if I had, now I would know. I worked from about 9 AM to about 8:30 PM, and made 25 deliveries, one of those deliveries I got to do twice, and I got to do a phantom delivery too. I ran into the glitches of addresses not existing, and condo maze madness, and flower pot water leaking all over my car. All in all it was a good day though. I mean basically I cooked in my car all day with lots of pretty smells, and making women happy, except when I had to deliver flowers to neighbours since the recipient wasn't home and then they got their hopes up and dashed. I listened to the CD Sherry made me twice, and several other CDs. I ate a donair. I ripped open my injured finger on my seat belt and got to buy band-aids in a near by gas station while sucking on the blood spurting finger. I pondered things and called people a bunch arranging art project production, and hang out time, and an impromptu birthday party. I drank two slurpees. I got very angry and frustrated and impatient, and then had to cool down and pray and thank and praise, and then go back to being frustrated again, etc. Which is why my art project will be so personal. Four letters embossed underneath duct tape covering my mouth. That piece will get done tomorrow. The other two I did tonight. I got Trevor and Melissa to model for my Biting My Tongue exhibit, and Nathan and Jono modeled for the hot gossip shots.

I got to see a rough edit for half of Nathan's short film that he did a little while ago. He wants me to do the music for it too. Which is one of my goals for the next 6 weeks. I have oodles of projects for the next 6 weeks. Some of them are tied to why I have 6 weeks to work on projects, so I won't talk about them, but others include, getting sleep (so far no good), strengthening my knee more (yes my exercize bike is finally ready), writing & recording music, lectio divinas, getting a hair cut, going to Seattle with RJ, rock climbing, hiking, biking, camping, probably working long hours, rule of life building, hanging out with friends and family, eating more grapefruits, JLYSing, singing, writing, cleaning my room and filing, fasting, reading.

So most of those really aren't projects, but I'm tired, and I need to wake up in time to go do a photo shoot before I head up to party with my grandma on her 80th.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

The camera loves you, bro!
I'm in for any other 'art projects' you find yourself involved in.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that I didn't get to be a part of your art project! I was too busy, too tired...I wanted a very cool picture of us with an equally fun story behind it. We need another excuse to do something fun like that.

Sherry