Monday, February 19, 2007

Last last Thursday

I was having a conversation with some friends and they kept asking me questions. At first they tried to guise them as general questions, but we all knew they were direct.
And so I tried to feed them some safe answers. At one point I laughed, because I'd thought of a clever one, but it really wasn't true. They asked me what I was laughing about so I told them. They asked me why I would think of something if it wasn't real. Because it was entertaining of course. But we don't want entertainment, we want the truth. So one said, so one got - later [see post below].
And the response (as expected) was, "I don't know what to do with this."
The whole thing seemed so very close to what it must be like for God with me. I'm always asking him questions, and sometimes he gives me entertaining answers. And I always smile and laugh at them. I don't worry too much about getting answers quickly or getting all-encompassing ones. Because the truth is much bigger than even what I suspect. And I can't handle all of it. So instead he gives me introductions, and then I take time to process. And he takes opportunities to demonstrate.

And I really enjoyed discovering new physical sensations last last Friday [also see post below]. As I tried to remember experiencing anything similar or close, I thought of some really special moments with God. Which made me happy, because it made me think, you were definitely there this time too, and I love you lots.

So why post about it now and not last last?
Well because if an answer matches what eyes can do, have I got some wooing tips for you.
Basically you should throw things at someone you love. Now success may or may not be key with this phase, but my uncharacteristically great accuracy that day leads me to suspect so. So basically you should hit them. Or push them. Because pushing people down helps to make sure they will fall. And that's the goal isn't it?
Now if you would like to follow suit, and you're interested in controlling variables, I suppose in fairness, you should also include watching romantic movies with them before grabbing their hand to express your love. And you should send them flowers. And you should make them a kick-ass card (with collaborative help and creative genius from your sister). You might also try getting them a great birthday present, a few weeks late, but mum's the word on birthday presents because they don't know about it yet...
Oh and in more fairness, I guess you have to throw snow, and not for example pears.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Umm... Congratulations?

laureneh said...

muahahaha

RJ Schumacher said...

Pushing People over is mean!!! Even if the whole reason for doing it is to pick them up once they are down and being some great help. :)