Saturday, February 03, 2007

Problems of Patience Pertaining to Proximity

I just finished another chronicled guitar session. As in I played around and then wrote down what I had done. I did this earlier in the week on Tuesday before going out for Russian food with Kirk. Which is as good a way as any to bring me to what I cannot write about.
Slowly slowly pressure ascends. And it's doing strange things to me. The unsaid, the limits, the secrets - all of these erode my calm.
Pam told me I'm obedient on Thursday. That when I figure things out I act on them. I incorporate them right away.
It's true and it makes me conflicted right now.
I was told I use my head too much back in the fall. And I've since wondered if they were praying while they said it because something changed and my senses started reporting elsewhere.
Truth to follow became intuitive and my heart was resolved.
And taking breaks are a good way to further clear your head. Beware though, that vacancies must be filled and if your heart has ardor it will seize them up.
In times like these, friends are never too many.
Some will say it's too soon.
Some will ask and prove.
Some will consider costs.
Some will smile.
Some will get apologies, for words long since past.

Words of the present are dangerous things. And when they must be monitored, they will subvert and slip in surreptitiously.


The new captain was braver, with less caution.
When he caught sight of the treasure, he couldn't forget.
His destination plotted, details of the course shrank.
I looked in his eyes and was caught.
They burned a frozen fire, while he remembered.

How long sir?
I must wait.
What can you mean? We're already sailing.
He smiled. Yes we are. We must wait until we catch up.
To the treasure?
Certainly not. My Father is sailing for her and departed before I.
Will he take it for his own?
He already has, but he's invited us to coalesce.
Are we close?
Very, to the treasure, and it's damn near maddening.
I gasped, and searched about. Spotting something of unspeakable beauty on the horizon, I whirled around in excitement. Your father must be near if we are so close.
His eyes betrayed their fiery glow again, locked on the horizon. He broke them away and spoke words without placeable tone. He is always near.
He looked over the rails and after a long moment I thought he would dive. What happened next, I shall never recover from.
The water surged and a wave of force grasped him like a hand and pulled him up and under.

We sailed on for the treasure I had seen but as we neared I became confused. Off the shores of a treacherous island we dared not seek harbour at, lay the treasure, sunken, resting. I couldn't fathom how I had seen it before at all. And worse, I had no option for procuring it. I am always grateful for glimpsing it closer. When searching for a description, I like to begin by telling of how it seemed to suit the blue flames once encased in our captain.

2 comments:

Kirk Holloway said...

Nolan, my friend. Thought I understood what you were talking about, but the treasure story sort of threw me... though, man, dude, that's such a beautiful story - makes me want to go sailing & brave the terrors of the deep & the unknown.... Praying for you & offer a listening ear for whenever you need it (though I apologize in advance for filling my week with too much stuff - there's still spaces in it, but bent around other appointments. So feel free to call).. love you, my friend (in a manly, platonic kind of way :) ). Kirk

Sindy said...

I agree with Kirk except I didn't understand most of it. I wanted to though. It seemed to be very 'coded'. I am too dense for code so I shall also pray for you because there is no code that God can't break.