Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Delight Of My Heart

So God you just made me bounce up and down on my exercize ball and smile uncontrollably. And I have another thank you to add to a long recent list.
Thanks for letting me see and recognize another way you speak to me.
Here let me throw at least a couple of the list makers on here.
Thanks for being sneaky. I just watched Spy Game with my family courtesy Chasey and enjoyed it. You are much sneakier.
Thanks for having your daughter question me. Thanks for delaying building materials and giving me time off work to pray, and listen, and hear from your children, and rest. Thanks for your prayers Jesus. They have been answered over and over again in my life and both your prayer and your answer are dearly precious to me.
Thanks for unity. It is a gift that is of sweetness. It makes me think of your book of Proverbs. How wonderful a Godly wife. How terrible a contentious one.
Thanks for Mike. As he says, he is just one. So am I.
Proverbs 17:17, which apparently we have imprinted on a mug, but I memorized it before I knew that.
A friend is born, as is a brother, for times of adversity.
Why? What must the friend do in those times?
He must love.
He must lay his own life down.
Love endures long and is patient and kind.
Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy,
is not boastful or vainglorious,
does not display itself haughtily.
It is not conceited, arrogant and inflated with pride
It is not rude, unmannerly, and does not act unbecomingly
Love, God's love in us, does not insist on its own rights or its own way
for it is not self-seeking, it is not touchy or fretful or resentful
it takes no account of the evil done to it
it pays no attention to a suffered wrong
It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness
but rejoices when right and truth prevail
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes,
is ever ready to believe the best of every person
its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances
and it endures everything without weakening
Love never fails, never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end
and I love you when I obey you.
Thanks for people coming to Mom & Dad's anniversary party. Good thing you're keeping things moving along even when I am not...
Thanks for your grace. It is unfailing. That is amazing.
Thanks for reminding me to call Andy.
Thanks for a really good day.
Now it is over.
And I still haven't showered!
See what happens when tacos are ready and tempting immediately upon getting home?
No you can't see?
Well you can go look at Cyler's birthday pictures and imagine a similar expression on my face at such a predicament:
Lertastic

Goodnight

1 comment:

RJ Schumacher said...

I love your posts like that. I can just see you actually bouncing the whole time I read it. Love you man and I am guessing that the house is a go? I have not heard anything so i am really not sure but looking forward to life together.