Saturday, July 15, 2006

To Be Missed

So this post is all for RJ who is missing friends and wanting updates of life in Calgary.

Well RJ, at Converge last week, Chad and Adam Loz sang and played some worship songs and we got to sing along to God too. And we got to have communion. I had communion with Jason who I hadn't seen in quite a while. Then we got to pray for Marty & Kari, and Adam Hughes. I prayed Colossians passages over both of them.
I had hung out with Chasey that day and took it easy since I was feeling sick.
I bought the Rik Leaf CD and put bread on his table Saturday night.
Monday was the UM gathering at the girls' house. You got my email followup which I wrote on Tuesday night I presume. It was a good time of sharing and praying together.
Tuesday night I did chores and wrote for a while and did some reflecting.
Wednesday night I did chores and wrote a letter to the Vice President of HSBC to sort out that whole stupid thing.
Thursday night I downloaded a lot of mp3s and generally checked out bands from my HM Magazine - I haven't yet burned the mp3s into a CD sampler yet because I think the CDRW stopped working on this computer too. Basically it should die any minute now from being over a decade.
Then I still was feeling offish because I missed you so I made myself chocolate pudding, and ate some, and had a coke poured into a glass with a great deal of ice. Then I started reading a fiction novel that I bought 2 years ago but never read because I forgot I even had it since I had loaned it to my Dad. Then I went to bed at 1:30 AM and felt very satisfied for having done something enjoyable.
Today I went to the Stampede with Andy and Cyler. We looked at the photo exhibit (my favourite part of the Stampede) and went to the Our Lady Peace concert (which wasn't fabulous) and then we watched the fireworks. We also played the progressive alphabet game with name/spouse/location/job around in a circle along with Andrea,Hayley, and darnit, I had it a minute ago. Anyway, 3 of Melissa's friends.
Singing in the car with Andy is fun.
Today I found out that I can actually apply for a mortgage and will be pre-approved for more than I did 2 years ago.
Jamie is to present the idea/possibilities of buying a house in a week.
We had a freak downpour at work the other day - it was some intense rain, then some hail, then some more intense rain. It didn't hit Calgary but it was fun.
Pirates 2 is a great movie. Nacho Libre was quaint.
I bought Harvest Moon Tix tonight.
Are you enjoying your CDs I made you?
Did you see a Tiger?
I have been faithfully praying that written prayer each night. I am more determined than ever to pray it each night because I know you have it now too, and so I can pray for you with yet another connection and think about how You are starting your day when I end mine and we just keep trading, like sandals, like travelling roles.
Faye is having an awesome time in Israel and is nowhere near anything dangerous.
Love ya. God bless.

1 comment:

Cyler Parent said...

Andrea, Hayley, and Shandell