Saturday, April 08, 2006

Delight At The Barley Mill

It's true. I could scarcely believe it. Epic told me I would love Karla Adolphe's music, and they were right (Epic is my 8 Ball of Wisdom by the way - oh nevermind). I ate a lot of chocolate chip cookies before I left. Gooood cookies. Samantha made them. I don't know how, but they are the softest version of these cookies I've had in a looong time. I ate a burnt one and it was still soft! Anyway I was bouncing around and wishing for fun energetic music and anticipated instead soft. I was OK with this since soft music is useful for having conversations with people. Lucky for me my anticipations were quite unfounded.
www.karlaadlophe.com
Or you can listen to their CD I bought Faye.
I shall get their next one too since I really enjoyed the new songs they played.

Music snob rant:
I've met several really talented drummers. They have lots of technical merits and can pull off difficult rhythms and timings. But they didn't understand the delightful joyous fun of groove. MMMMmmmm groove.
Caleb was not one of those drummers. Not only was he ridiculously talented, but he was feeling it, and we were feeling it, and it was good. God saw it, ask him.
Karla was great fun too and together it was such a splendid pleasure to listen and bounce around on my stool.
You can see them at the prayer room tomorrow night (Saturday) or at Converge on Sunday. I can't wait.

I also got to chat with a few people. Kari actually wins for longest chat, how about that?

And I got to eat nachos. Good nachos. Big nachos. Lots of jalepenos and tasty guacamole. No they haven't captured the still vacant greatest [perfect] nachos in the city prestige, but they wouldn't need a lot of help changing to get it. A bit more toppings on the bottom layer. Adding more vegetables. Being the first to give you enough salsa & guacamole to last through all the chips. Then they could nail it.

And the Flames won. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Cyler Parent said...

I miss you Nolan... I am not sure if it could ever happen again, but I miss Transfigured. I miss playing with you, and spending lots of time together.

Meh, all memories, just like Phatbat 1303 which just came on while I was writing this.

Nolan said...

aw I love you too. And I got to hang out with you last night. How great is that?

Cyler Parent said...

Way too great, I went into Nolan relapse on Sunday.