Saturday, April 08, 2006

Greedy For Treasure

This week my mind has had its sleeve tugged on by a child I keep trying to get rid of to play by himself while I attend to being a busy adult. That's not entirely true since I'm too conscientious to ignore such a child. He distracts my thoughts while I'm busy.

The latest Graham Cooke CD helped sketch him.

Treasure. We are God's special treasure. Where treasure is, there is your heart. God's heart is inside us. Love people. Treasure hunt.

It's normal to look for that in people. I may not be perfect, there's still annoying people that make it hard. Still, when meeting people, I expect and look for that treasure. Usually it's not overly difficult to find.
Consequently, I have a dilemma from loving too many people. I think I'm a pretty good guy. I'm sure I could be a nice friend for you. But I won't be a good friend with you. There's just too many of you.
So instead I think I'll let 3 weeks come around until I see you again after your name comes up on the cycle.

I went to Jerry's to visit Dave's church. I don't really know why. Dave invited me? I thought it was excellent when he told me about it. I was going to be near down town anyway so why not?
It is excellent.
But I had to tell him I probably wouldn't be there. To which I got a loving, "fuck you." And he made me smile.
Why won't I be there?

I'm greedy.

I can't cut people out.
It all seems so backwards.
The people it seems I'm 'committed' to, are the UM. But I have a relationship with them that inspired [frustrated] Dave enough to start what he's doing. You don't share life seeing people once a week. So they meet at Jerry's every night at 9:30.
I suppose that's what UM wants. The whole idea of community houses. People living together, and thus hanging out a lot together. And people living close by, and thus hanging out together easier.
Yet it seems strange that I don't do it now.
And then add in all the friends from Epic not already included in the two groups mentioned.
Don't forget about all the old friends from high school and youth group and beyond.
I occasionally hang out with these people without even having a weekly scheduled meeting.
Family is a constant of course.

Faye prayed for us tonight. She shares similar sentiments. We are not God and can't have deep relationships with everyone. So God show us who to focus on.

No comments: