Friday, April 28, 2006

Brief or Boxers

Ok, I have to make this quick. Quick Nolan quick.
So today all the changes at work became official.
We're getting a Zoom Boom.
Terry's done.
I am the lead man (I'm the only man other than Kyle).
That by the way means I'll be learning how to do everything very shortly.
I have a cell phone. Yes you can read that again, I, Nolan, have a cell phone. I'll give you all the number as soon as I'm sure what it is. Because I can't let Trevor be the only one to have a cool phone number.
So yeah, I'm a professional framer now.
And Terry's moving to Edmonton in a month.
I finally talked to him tonight. I'll hang out with him a couple times before he leaves.

I finished prepping all the photos for Nathan & Lauren's Slide Show tonight. Now I can actually begin the show itself.
I made it a week with less than 6 hours of sleep per day. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't as awful as it looks reading it.

I got some high five action last night from RJ. It wasn't quite the same. He just can't fulfill that kind of need the same way...

Well if last weekend was dominated by girls, this one will be the respite. It's off to Edmonton for Nathan's bachelor party.

Girls girls girls.
I got home tonight and Melanie was not happy. She almost cried as she related her awful day and a lot of it wasn't as terrible to me as it seemed, but some times the things that get her down look very bleak to her indeed.
So I couldn't do much to help.
I offered to make her nachos, and I gave her a hug and I was supportive.

I think about people balancing each other sometimes. There are lots of people whom I enjoy. They have great personalities, senses of humour, intelligence, interests, hobbies, etc. But do I bring any balance to them?

I am of course referring to girls more than guys with this topic. RJ brought up last night that he doesn't know, 'my type.' This was amusing to me, because it's come up a few times in that last while.

My type.
I'm not sure that I have a type. RJ retold how in conversation about me he knew non-negotiable factors for dating a girl and listed them as being she had to be a youngest child with older brothers. And it seemed so silly to me.
I've probably bought into what Faye said too much. That she thinks it would be a waste for me to do that. I'm too balanced an oldest child to go looking for someone to balance me. I need to look for someone to balance.
And yet what does that mean?

Most people find it hard to picture me depressed, or melancholy at all. Yet it happens probably weekly. Not depressed so much. But definitely sobre. And I definitely hit downs. I'm just stubbornly optimistic and joyful and thankful. So it can't last long. Still it's hard for me to bring up people when they're down. When they're tired and cranky, what am I to do? When they're bitter and unforgiving, what then?
When they're hopeless and miserable?
So generally I have listened, and prayed. But there's a lot of people who don't want to talk. They don't want to be cheered. They don't want encouragement. They want to be sour.
And it sounds odd writing that. Because if they did, where would they find the annoying person who would even attempt to do those things except in movies?
So to try and summarize. I'm confused.
I could bring balance to this person, and I couldn't.
I could be their opposite. While they're prone to cool in the shadow. I will always bask in the light.
I could become them. I could get depressed.

That's not really true.
I don't think I would.
Still there's lots of things like this.

I am organized. I can parent. I watch out for how people are doing and care about them deeply.
I am very unorganized. I don't have a clue how to help people in a great deal of situations. I'm oblivious to how people are doing. I'm hesitant to take charge.

So the difficulty in trying to find my opposite, is knowing what that might even look like.

As for my type. Ha. Good luck solving that.

No comments: