Sunday, April 02, 2006

Putting The Beard On The Shelf

Hello again everyone. I am back in Calgary after a week in Ontario. Like most holidays, the week lasted forever. The battery on my watch is dying and time slowed down all week. I didn't replace it while I was there. It was very relaxing. No alarm clock. No rigid schedule. We went on laid back excursions such as visiting St. Jacobs and Wellsley (Old Order Mennonite Country), and visited with family. I'm all about the visiting with family. My Mom has 6 brothers & sisters who all have families of their own, and many of them now have families too. They're great. My Dad's family is awesome too, some of whom are out in Ontario as well. Yes, I'm very lucky when it comes to family.
I was the designated clean-up crew for meals - I finished off left-overs. So I spent a great deal of extra energy burning it off. 4 mile runs, much longer walks, push-ups and ab stuff, these were for me. I never took it seriously though, because it's my vacation!
I got to read a little bit. I read my Hard Music Magazine, which was delightful - turns out a letter to the publisher of mine was published, how cool is that?
I also started reading a Graham Cooke book, Developing the Prophetic or something like that. I ordered it more than a year ago along with some small interactive journal (devotional) books, but never started this one until now (the interactive journals I've only read half of, and a couple I did read I only read half-way before lending out - I've only got 2/6 right now and don't even know where the other 4 are).
The Developing the Prophetic book is awesome though. It's been encouraging and very smart. I also read 1 Corinthians 14 and cried. I don't know how, but the meaning in that chapter has never hit me until now.
I'm dwelling on Hebrews 5&6 right now too. Spiritual milk vs solids.

So as the title says, my beard is being put on the shelf right now. Shaving has taken years off a face with only a month's worth of hair.
Sometimes pictures get shelved too, and that is alright with me.

I'm feeling under the weather (it started this morning). Most of the rest of my family is sick too. So I'm going to bed in ten minutes and getting a full 8 hours.

I'm back in insanity Calgary. It hasn't dropped on me yet but it will. Starting tomorrow I suppose. I've only got 3 weeks before my next and last week of vacation this year. I'm heading out to BC to visit Sindy Jeske (she used to be the youth pastor at Parkdale EMC and I was a leader then). She's awesome. Our youth group was super tight back then. Many of my vintage friends came out of that. She's also the one who told me about the first 24/7 prayer room and later invited me to Converge. After hanging out with Sindy it's off to a Fresh Wind Fresh Fire Conference - Living the Supernatural or something like that. What in the world is going on when Nolan is off to some charismatic conference? No no no I'm sure it will be good. I'm a big fan of all the vineyard people I've met so far, and now Epic is vineyard and I'm a big fan of a lot of people there too.
A few of us who are going might get to experience some prayer deliverance, which would be awesome I think.

Chad got my old epic journals back so cheers to him! I'll have to transfer them over here at some point.

Life is such a zoo around here but I won't break down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey nolan - glad you are back...I missed you and the quirky way you put words together. Praying that the you can hold the insanity of calgary off for a bit more and really live in that slower place. I love that you lived outside of time for a week. talk soon.