Sunday, April 23, 2006

License Plates Don't Lie

I'm back from beautiful British Columbia. I must say that the trip there was breathtakingly scenic. I decided to take the #1 all the way through the Fraser Valley and it was gorgeous and well worth the extra hour. The trip back had a lot less focus on what was past the windshield. The beauty was seated beside me.

It's 10:30 and I'm tired and I'm in a chair and my bum is very rebellious about being imprisoned this way again today. Yet I'm frightened the memories shall be lost as I return to good old insanity calgary. It's true. My calendar told me so. Tomorrow is Nathan. Tuesday is Nathan. Wednesday is GIC + music + Jerry's?. Thursday is RJ. Friday is Nathan. Saturday is Nathan. Sunday is Nathan. Don't you dare think Nathan is creating this insanity either. I'm making them a slide show for their wedding and it must be done pronto. The weekend is his bachelor party. Oh right and it's my Mom's birthday this week, on Tuesday. But I am flexible on Wednesday/Thursday ish. I just found out GIC is not Wednesday so there.

So let's get on with the writing because I can.

Alright so when I started off my voyage, I was decidedly happy. I cleaned out my car. I didn't forget anything, except my alarm clock (like I even need one of those...). I got gas ridiculously cheap at Centrex and I had 10 glorious CDs in my car that kept me going all the way to Revelstoke (or Golden?) without stopping. Then I stopped at every major centre along the way because, well, because I could!
There was some good prayer time on the drive.
There were two cool hitchhikers.
There was nourishing food.
There was miraculous gas mileage for which God received much rejoicing in the land.
And at long last there was a fabulous woman of God with a hug.

And I have no more time to share with you tonight because I just talked with a friend on the phone for an hour. Did you notice all the lack of identification going on in this post? What is going on around here? Certainly not any foregone notion of privacy.
"My phone number is, my phone number is, # # # # # # #, that's what, it is." That was the sweet song my Mom made up for us to sing when we were kids. Only you can't hear the melody and we actually got to sing specific numbers.

I also saw that Virgin Mobile has a fantastic new deal for cell phones in BC. If such fairy tales carry over to my province then Nolan could join the world of ear microwavers. What a dreadful thought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do tell more. Love the Fraser Valley. That´s where I grew up. I miss it like crazy. So glad to find you here. It´s me farfromhome.

RJ Schumacher said...

Yea more is needed, You could go on all day about beautiful girls that subject never seems to get old!!!! HA HA I am so happy to be on your calander and that I actually have a time slot. What great fun it will be.

Lisa said...

Nolan, so cryptic... really, I've come to expect details from your blog... mine is the one that's supposed to be cryptic.

Nolan said...

So glad you found me here. More to come about the Fraser Valley.

It's so true, girls and their beauty is something to appreciate forever.

Details fix themselves in my head and sharing them with other people happens to be a pleasant activity of mine. But on vacations when life slows down so that every moment is patiently savoured, it would take months to relay such an experience. Which is too bad really.

I often think of heaven and it is a magical place in my head. I often tell God things I'd like to do in heaven. One such thing would be to share experiences, complete with perspective with other people. Then they could not only see the trueness of you, but they could also bring the trueness of themselves into such a situation with their own thoughts.

I love that heaven has bags of time. And no fear. And Jesus. He's my favourite.

And all that to add that details are coming but were just unavailable at the time.