Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Freedom and Victory

So it's Wednesday now. 3 days later. I'm different you know.

Some things never seem to change. I'm back to getting less than 6 hours of sleep per night. I'm back to the never ending zone of "I need to do: ____ & _ & _ & _ & _ & _"

Still...

Monday I was informed by Kyle (my boss) that Terry (the other guy I work with) had gotten into a bad dirt biking accident and broken his arm. This has very big implications for Terry who cannot claim EI (you have to actually pay taxes to do that) while he recovers over the next 2+ months.

I haven't actually gotten to call Terry yet so I can't really say much more, except that it only speeded up what he'd already wanted. To leave (and go into finish carpentry with his brother in Edmonton).
I have mixed feelings about that.
He's not a Christian yet.
Why is he leaving?

Yet I have to give God thanks for these last 3 days. They have been so utterly peaceful and restful. Normally on my breaks I hang out with Terry, which is a good thing. But when time is so scarce for me, it's so precious to have alone and quiet and nothing else to do. I had been briefly worried on Sunday about not getting time to process the week, until I prayed about it and trusted. And I have had time.

So on those breaks I have been reading the written prayer I was given during my deliverance. It's alive. And I pray. And I soak up sun. And I rest. And I am filled with peace and joy all day.
And I have had several periods of unsupervision, which has also been pleasant. Just to think and pray and work.
I just about cried in the middle of framing today because there was just so much to be thankful for.

No comments: