Wednesday, May 17, 2006

First Step To Monastic?

So this is the prayer I was given by Ricardo. It's a written prayer, and I've been praying it mostly daily. Do I detect a hint of discipline? It's always so much more than this when I pray - mostly because I take the liberty of including most everyone I know as my household. Kyle asked for it so I finally typed it out. I should take the advice I gave him and make it my own. Nolanify it.


Daily Warfare Prayer

I cover myself and my entire household in the blood of Jesus, body, soul and spirit. I cover with the blood of Jesus our home, vehicles, pets, possessions, our ministry, employees, every word we speak, hear, write or read and everything that concerns us. And in the name of Jesus I request and dispatch angelic protection for us and our children and everything that God has graciously given us. (Heb. 9:14; Eph. 2:13; Rev. 12:11)

I bind our minds and our children’s minds to the mind of Christ, our will to his will, and our emotions to his emotions, in Jesus’ name. I give all our burdens to the Lord and receive from Him everything pertaining to life and godliness. (1 Peter 5:7; 2 Peter 1:3)

Now in the name of Jesus, I put on the full armor of God…

I put on the helmet of salvation and command every thought of doubt and unbelief to bounce off of it!

I put on the righteousness of Christ as a breastplate and prohibit every unclean thing from entering my heart!

I buckle the belt of truth around me and forbid every lie of the enemy from entering my life!

I take up the shield of faith to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the enemy!

I put on the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace as my shoes!

I cling to the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, and use it to inflict God’s vengeance on all His enemies! (Ephesians 6:13-18)

And I wrap the zeal of my God around me like a cloak! (Isaiah 59:17)

I am strong in the Lord and in His mighty power! (Ephesians 6:10)

I stand firm going from victory to victory in Christ! (1 Corinthians 16:13; 15:57)

In the mighty name of Jesus I take authority over every curse, hex, spell, jinx, incantation, judgment, and attack of the enemy issued against us and everything that concerns us. I bind up and destroy the power of them in Jesus’ name and I render them useless, powerless, and completely ineffective. I bind up and destroy the power of everything done with photos, potions, objects, written, spoken, and in every other way. In Jesus’ name bind up everything issued against us by everyone practicing witchcraft, along with the demons that sent them, and command them to go now where the Lord Jesus sends them – out of our lives forever. I put the blood of Jesus between them and us. I send a blessing to everyone who has cursed us. I release all judgments and unforgiveness against everyone and I bless them.

And now in the name of Jesus I loose blessing, peace, prosperity, holiness, health and every good and perfect gift that comes from our Heavenly Father to us and our children forever. In the name of Jesus I now prohibit every counter attack from the enemy and throw into confusion all his plans against us! (Luke 10:19; James 1:17)

No comments: