Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Speck In My Eye

So it's official. I have a cell phone now. If you didn't get emailed with the number, I want to know, why don't I have your email?

Today at work was not a great day. Early on in the morning while trimming the second floor we'd just sheeted, the wind was gusting. So I got some serious saw dust in the eyes. And it wasn't cool. I get sprayed saw dust in the face a lot but your eyes adjust and it's normally OK but every few months it sucks. Today was the worst it's been yet.
First break I rested my eyes but they were so sore.
After first break I went to the show home and flushed my eye out with running water for awhile. Then I used eye drops. Then I used an eye rinse station. Then second break I kept my eyes closed the whole time and afterwards they were still really happy so I used eye drops again. Then I used the eye rinse station again. Still no good. Worse actually. It's very hard to work when your right eye is screaming and shut and you have half your vision and no depth perception.
So I prayed a lot during the day. But it wasn't very fun. There was some God heal my eye prayers. There was some OK fine, go heal other people who actually have real problems. There was some ah-ha I knew something bad had to happen soon. There was some so God I'm going to screw off the floor now, what's up? There was some prayer for people with permanent health issues. There was thanks for this weird sense of peace thing because I'm not really agitated about this at all in my soul - just my eye.

So hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

I listened to Violet Burning's Drop-Dead album again last night/this morning and it is still fabulous. I still want to have people over to watch the DVD but I don't know when that will happen since I need to finish Nathan & Lauren's wedding slideshow.

I'm going backpacking this weekend. Backpacking is great. It's the best way to camp I've discovered. Wow that was 4 years ago. I was dating back then!
You should come backpacking too! We're going to The Point (Kananaskis). If you're interested give me or RJ a call.
Maybe RJ will lend me his camping stuff and I'll go backpacking without him all summer. Or maybe I'll go buy myself rock-climbing stuff. Or maybe I'll scramble every mountain within 1 1/2 hours from here. You know, my usual over-ambitious aspirations. Actually the scramble thing is probably most likely since it's cheapest and you can get more people to do that - which is what I am all about - more people!
I've determined to have crushes more often. It's really only for RJ's amusement but is there any reason not to give RJ more amusement? OK so there was no real determination, much like there will be no action resulting from crushes without some divine motivation.

Long enough for ya?

2 comments:

RJ Schumacher said...

HA HA that is right I am all for crushs and you. You keep them coming so that I don't have to have any. Yes you can use all of my stuff while I am gone. I would love for you to use it actually. Oh and I will send back pictures for you of girls that I think would be good for you anyway. HA HA

Cyler Parent said...

Great that you own a cell phone... it'd be nice if you actually had it on... :P