Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday

So emails, particularily Andy's, bring me back from all the craziness, to think, oh right, I still have no idea what God wants us to do, and I'm not doing anything about it.

So I successfully borrowed and began reading Life Together, or some close variant, by Dietrich Boenhouffer (sp?).

It's already, along with all the Jesus speeches I've been reading, stirred up memories of the beginning of my time with Epic. I remember the fear back then. The wonderful anticipation fears that if Epic had its way, our lives would all be ruined in radical, or conversely real, christianity.

So no new progresss on which community God wants us to live in. No insights into the living arrangements that will entail.
But I don't even know how I can bother caring about those yet. Those seem so secondary. I'm more concerned now with regaining closeness with God. The distance has made itself known this last week.

I keep praying about Going From Victory To Victory In Jesus, while I feel I've been going from a whole lot of failure through the day to calming myself down being thankful for simply being alive even if only because God invented colours and my eyes can still see them.

Where is the rest I long to understand. The rest I long to succeed in. The rest peace is found in.

It's always different looking at truths, exciting life-changing truths, from underneath.

I watched Batman Begins with my family last night.
Why do we fall down?

No comments: