Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Point

The Point is a lovely backpacking location set in the Kananaskis. I've been there so many times before but I'm not sick of it yet. The pre-May-long-weekend backpacking trip there is especially grandish. Twice now we have had incredible weather while there's still snow. So you can traipse around on the ice in your shorts.
It was just RJ, Connor, Kyle and I. One of these days I will be cool enough to make all of you cancel your prior arrangements and hang out with me...
Until then I will have fun with the people I get.
And God will keep doing good things.
And teach me a thing or two.
For instance: This weekend I learned that my nipples are very symetrical. Kyle told me so.

But other than that, we had some really good food. Steaks, wine, toblerone, wraps with a great deal of vegetables and my self-made salsa, which got Kyle's vote of approval.

Some serious good times. I haven't hung out with Kyle in ages (I used to work with him at Can-Am). We had some really good talks while doing dishes, and getting water, and going on a day hike with Connor, and driving home.

And we got to have some good prayer.
It started out after communion. Kyle instigated some around the circle of picking psalms and reading them. Then we came to the prayer I'd told them we'd have. It came from a couple things. I mean I love prayer. But also from the conversations that had happened already with Kyle. You can't just talk about things and leave them. No. If things come up, you pray about them.
And it got very intense.
So we had some deliverance prayer?
RJ and I both felt the same thing from God about what we needed to do. So we went there. Neither of us were experts, at all. But God is. And it was messy and hard, but it was soooo good. I really love God. Kyle is such a good guy.
God obviously thought so too. RJ got a picture zoomed out of the campsite and a huge ring of angels protecting us. Yes it was a safe place for healing.

So basically, going camping was excellent. Poor RJ got some food poisoning but other than that...

No comments: